Graphics From Some of the Stories Covered in News and Views
The Scottish Snippets Newsletter in its original format began in April 1997 and continued in an unbroken series for 591 issues. Although no longer produced in that style, there is now this regular update on the new and updated pages on the Rampant Scotland site including "Scottie's Photo Diary From Scotland" and Tam's Tall Tales.
To receive a text version of this newsletter as a reminder to look at these Web pages when they are published, just send an e-mail to Scottie@RampantScotland.com with "Subscribe Newsletter" in the subject line.
News and Views
This is the third edition of "News and Views by the new writer on Rampant Scotland - David. He is continuing to write about a wide variety of news items relating to Scotland that he finds of particular interest, especially developments in arts, crafts and high quality products and services delivered by people with drive and passion. He is not averse to a certain amount of "quirkiness" though, so although he may deal with more serious subjects, his wry humour is bound to come to the surface too.. This edition includes items on:
- Scotland Edges Towards Space Tourism Blast-off - If successful the plan will be for the space tourism operation to be launched at Prestwick Airport in Ayrshire.
- Kites To Fly High Over Electric Scotland? - Kite Power Solutions plans to move its operations to Scotland, near Stranraer and build a larger model demonstrating generating electricity from kites connected to ground equipment which it hopes to sell commercially.
- The Queen Drops into Historic Edinburgh Pub - the "Sheep's Heid" is Scotland's oldest bar.
- Winds Blow Bridge's Opening Date Back Six Months - The new bridge across the river Forth is reported to be six months behind schedule due to adverse weather conditions.
- Whisky Galore! Remake Uncorked - the film of the classic comedy about the Western Isles and the "rescue" of a cargo of whisky from a shipwreck has been remade in technicolour.
- Futuristic Underground Trains for Glasgow - a £200m contract has been signed for futuristic new trains, signalling and equipment to modernise the Glasgow underground train system.
For these and many more, see the Index page at News and Views
You will find that all the new stories are marked as such in the index which is in chronological order.
Previous editions of this Newsletter are available in an Archive>. The Index to the other pages of the Rampant Scotland site is available here>.
Where else would you like to go in Scotland?
News & Views>
All Features Index>
Search This Site>
Birds Photo Library>
Castle Photo Library>
Castles To Stay In>
Did You Know?>
Family Tree Research>
Famous Scots Quiz>
Flowers of Scotland>
Glasgow Photo Library>
Great Places to Stay>
Great Places to Eat>
Inventions & Discoveries>
Monarchs of Scotland
Places to Visit>
Poetry from Scotland>
Scottish Myths & Legends>
Scottish Place Names>
Songs of Scotland>
St Andrew Societies>
Symbols of Scotland>
Where Am I? Quiz>
Webcams in Scotland>