Artist's Impression of New Kelvin Hall - Image from University of Glasgow
The Scottish Snippets Newsletter in its original format began in April 1997 and continued in an unbroken series for 591 issues. Although no longer produced in that style, there is now this regular update on the new and updated pages on the Rampant Scotland site including "Scottie's Photo Diary From Scotland" and Tam's Tall Tales.
To receive a text version of this newsletter as a reminder to look at these Web pages when they are published, just send an e-mail to Scottie@RampantScotland.com with "Subscribe Newsletter" in the subject line.
News and Views
This is the second edition of "News and Views by the new writer on Rampant Scotland - David. He is continuing to write about a wide variety of news items relating to Scotland that he finds of particular interest, especially developments in arts, crafts and high quality products and services delivered by people with drive and passion. He is not averse to a certain amount of "quirkiness" though, so although he may deal with more serious subjects, his wry humour is bound to come to the surface too.. This edition includes items on:
- Scotland's North Coast 500 which has been named as one of the world's best coastal trips. Article includes a slide show of places on Scotland's north coast.
- A Scottish entrepreneur is taking on a particular challenge - making clothes for female cyclists that is practical, stylish and comfortable.
- Social media gurus at Jurys Hotels who have alerted us to a fun new take on the traditional Edinburgh v Glasgow rivalry with a cartoon.
- The famous "Killie Pie" has had to be renamed Kilmarnock Pie after the chiefs of Kilmarnock Football Club and the pie maker fell out with one another." (We did say that quirky items would crop up...)
- Glasgow's iconic Kelvin Hall is being transformed into one of the biggest museum and academic research centres in the UK.
- Jen Cantwell from Forres produces a range of upmarket sporrans and accessories, using a range of unconventional recycled materials.
For these and many more, see the Index page at News and Views
You will find that all the new stories are marked as such in the index which is in chronological order.
Previous editions of this Newsletter are available in an Archive>. The Index to the other pages of the Rampant Scotland site is available here>.
Where else would you like to go in Scotland?
News & Views>
All Features Index>
Search This Site>
Birds Photo Library>
Castle Photo Library>
Castles To Stay In>
Did You Know?>
Family Tree Research>
Famous Scots Quiz>
Flowers of Scotland>
Glasgow Photo Library>
Great Places to Stay>
Great Places to Eat>
Inventions & Discoveries>
Monarchs of Scotland
Places to Visit>
Poetry from Scotland>
Scottish Myths & Legends>
Scottish Place Names>
Songs of Scotland>
St Andrew Societies>
Symbols of Scotland>
Where Am I? Quiz>
Webcams in Scotland>