Traditional Scottish Songs
- Scotland the Brave
Scotland the Brave
- Hark when the night is falling,
- Hear! hear the pipes are calling,
- Loudly and proudly calling,
- Down thro' the glen.
- There where the hills are sleeping,
- Now feel the blood a-leaping,
- High as the spirits of the old Highland men.
- Towering in gallant fame,
- Scotland my mountain hame,
- High may your proud standards gloriously wave,
- Land of my high endeavour,
- Land of the shining river,
- Land of my heart for ever,
- Scotland the brave.
- High in the misty Highlands
- Out by the purple islands,
- Brave are the hearts that beat
- Beneath Scottish skies.
- Wild are the winds to meet you,
- Staunch are the friends that greet you,
- Kind as the love that shines from fair maidens' eyes.
- Far off in sunlit places
- Sad are the Scottish faces,
- Yearning to feel the kiss
- Of sweet Scottish rain.
- Where the tropics are beaming
- Love sets the heart a-dreaming,
- Longing and dreaming for the hameland again.
Where else would you like to go in Scotland?
All Features Index>
Search This Site>
Scottish Pictorial Calendar>
Places to Visit>